Scored free tickets to Rachel Yamagata last night thanks to the sim, and all I have to say is... Wow. And, I DIDN'T FALL ASLEEP! (sorry james blunt, you just weren't too entertaining)
Her voice, so intimate and uplifting, yet drenched with so much sorrow. The concert was simple, yet funny in its own little parts when she shared her stories.. I particularly liked the song about her wanting to meet her secret lover by the water ("Meet Me By The Water") but he never showed, because well, he had a girlfriend and she, had a boyfriend too. Ha-ha. "Sunday Afternoon" was just simply.. breathtaking; listening to the power effects on the guitar and the cello, oh, the cello!
And I've come to a weird realisation that... for all the 3 concerts I've attended this year (Mraz, Coldplay, Yamagata), I've amazingly managed to miss ALL the opening items from the singers!
Boracay pictures up in a bit (maybe within the next 2 months) and for now, it's back to work!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home